Despite what you may have heard, CWW 2021 is proceeding as planned! Although the Director has pushed the official date back to September, we are still planning events scheduled for our week of recognition, May 15-21st. We all could use a little fun, fellowship, and some morale boosting, right?
Because the local administration has denied us use of the prison property for social events, we will be utilizing the Lake Property and a local business during the week. In September, the Director has thus far given the green light for socialization to once again resume on grounds, so we hope to hold some "CWW Redux" style events during that week, such as the Memorial Luncheon and softball tournament.
We also cannot advertise our events via GroupWise to THA-Everyone, so please help us spread the word for the following events you'll be able to partake in this month!
Brief list of events:
- Saturday (5/15): Bass Tournament at the Lake Property. 8:30 AM kickoff - email Justin Mitchell for registration information!
- Monday (5/17) - Tuesday, May 18th: Annual brisket cook at the Lake Property, meal served to all shifts (email/info will be sent prior)
- Wednesday, 5/19: Sharpshooter pistol shoot, all day at Top Guns, and Kids' Night at the Climbing Cafe 5-7pm
- Thursday (5/20): Breezeway cookouts & ice cream social — all shifts
- Thursday (5/20): Scavenger Hunt at the Lake Propety, starts at 4:30pm. Grab a partner and email Jodi Williams to sign up by 5/16. Food and beverage served and prizes for winners!
- Friday (5/21): Golf tournament and TGIF party at the Lake Property. Band, food, beer, and fun. Starts at 6pm and is a great date night!
Details for all events will be forthcoming. Stay tuned, ya'll.